Wednesday 3 May 2017

DESKTOP 1373 - QUINCES

The quince (Cydonia oblonga) is the sole member of the genus Cydonia in the family Rosaceae (which also contains apples and pears, among other fruits). It is a small deciduous tree that bears a pome fruit, similar in appearance to a pear, and bright golden-yellow when mature. Throughout history the cooked fruit has been used as food, but the tree is also grown for its attractive pale pink blossoms and other ornamental qualities.

This post is part of the Outdoor Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Wordless Wednesday meme,
and also part of the ABC Wednesday meme.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder what they taste like? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they HAVE to be cooked?

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what do they taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had them, I do believe

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen quince. My father used to love quince jelly. To me, it tasted rather like apple jelly. I've never actually had the fruit.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/05/down-to-jordan-river.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. A plant that is welcome in any garden. I've never tasted quince jelly but interesting it tastes like apple.

    ReplyDelete