Monday 22 August 2016

DESKTOP 1119 - WATTLE IN THE SUN

The genus Acacia belongs to the family Mimosaceae. There are some 1350 species of Acacia found throughout the world and close to 1000 of these are to be found in Australia. Commonly known as Wattle, Acacia is the largest genus of vascular plants in Australia. In late Winter, wattles begin to bloom in Australia and they are seen as a harbinger of Spring.

This post is part of the Blue Monday meme,
and also part of Monday Mellow Yellows meme,
 and also part of Macro Monday meme,
and also part of Through my Lens meme,
and also part of Seasons meme.

6 comments:

  1. Striking with the vibrant yellow against the blue sky. Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nick, I would love to see the wonderful things you share in person. However, I am doubtful we will ever go that far so keep posting the lovely things you share for Blue Monday.
    Thank you for joining in the Blue Monday fun each week.
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much beauty and interesting things in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without knowing what Wattle was, I looked at the flowers, and reminded me so much on Mimosa! It pays to read, eh? Only twice, when living in Holland, I bought a bouguet (pricy, because they are imported from France) - here in California I haven't even seen them one time! Thanks so much for adding these these beautiful ones to SEASONS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these blooms! They are so sunny and happy looking!

    ReplyDelete